assisting community clubs to improve the provision of grassroots rugby league
Engage Mutual, Rugby League Cares and The RFL Facilities Trust have come together to help clubs organise an action event where members, supporters, friends and family can turn up and collectively work on renovations and improvements to current club facilities.
in a nutshell..
No matter what the scale or age of your RL facilities there are always plenty of jobs to be done.
All we are trying to do is lend a helping hand to the good game by offering an incentivised solution as to how all community clubs can affordably make improvements.
registering your club
Registration is now open and here's a few reasons why clubs choose to sign up:
To help create an affordable taskforce to work on club facilities in our tough financial times
For the opportunity for members and supporters to get more involved in 'behind the scenes' club activities
For the chance for members of all ages and at different levels of participation to work together for their club
To improve the club environment whilst increasing the pride in the club for those that take part
For the chance to win cash rewards for your club
how can you help?
Talk to other club members and find out if they know about the engage with your club opportunity and whether it is an event you'd like to facilitate this summer.
Did your club take part last year? If so, who organised it and how can you take part to make it bigger and more impactful this year? (The vast majority of clubs that took part last year said they would be repeating the opportunity in 2013.)
Follow us on twitter or facebook to make sure you keep right up to date with the initiative as we progress throughout the year.
There are numerous benefits to holding an all-club volunteering event. As an added financial bonus one registered club which is deemed to have held an outstanding engage with your club event will win £2,500 from Engage Mutual to boost their club's coffers.
All other registered clubs which hold an event will be entered into a free draw where 10 clubs will each win £1000 from the RFL Facilities Trust.
added extras - six to tackle
1. To help the event organisers we have put together some easily downloadable resources including step-by-step guides, top tips sheets and practical templates.
2. All registered clubs will also be sent large promotional posters to help raise awareness of the date of their event.
3. Event organisers will receive 20% off paints, rollers and other materials thanks to Dulux Decorator Centres.
4. Clubs that register early may be entitled to one of thirty official support packs. These will included t-shirts, extra posters and a donation of £50 to help towards their event.
5. The RFL Facilities Trust will also be giving away five ground maintenance kits worth over a £1000 each to five participating clubs.
6. Finally, you'll find additional assistance and giveaways on our facebook page plus plenty of encouragement on our twitter feed.